Editor in Chief of International Medical Travel Journal (IMTJ) and a Consultant for LaingBuisson
Keith is Editor in Chief of the International Medical Travel Journal (IMTJ) and a consultant for LaingBuisson. Keith is one of Europe’s leading experts on medical tourism and cross-border healthcare, attending and contributing to major conferences across the world on the subject. Keith has been involved in medical travel since the 1990’s. His career has embraced the management of private hospitals in the UK, research and feasibility studies for healthcare ventures, the marketing and business development aspects of healthcare and medical travel, and publishing, research and consultancy on cross-border healthcare.
Presentation title: The impact of COVID-19 on the global medical travel market
The presentation will examine the impact of the pandemic on the medical travel market:
- How it has affected patient flows
- The response from destinations and providers to the short- and long-term challenges
- How it is changing patient communication and patient care
- How it is changing patient perceptions
- Steps that can be taken to minimize the impact
- The opportunities presented by the pandemic
- The prospects and timescale for recovery.